KOOTASCA Community Action is here to help.
For the health and safety of our clients and our staff, we ask that you call before you come in, as some of our programs are still not able to accept walk-ins. We will be more than happy to help you over the phone or to set up other arrangements if needed.
Here’s how to reach out to us. (Updated Nov. 16th)
Grand Rapids office:
- We are staffed to take phone calls, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm at 218-999-0800 or 1-877-687-1163.
- Our reception is open Monday-Friday 10:00am-1:00pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm, but we ask that you call before coming in if you can.
- If you need to drop something off for any of our programs, please use the drop slot just past our office doors inside Central Square Mall any time the mall is open.
International Falls office:
- We are staffed to take phone calls, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm at 218-283-9491 or 1-800-559-9491.
- Our reception is open Monday-Thursday 10:00am-2:00pm. If you are here before or after the posted hours, please ring doorbell and staff will assist you if they are available.
- If you need to drop something off for any of our programs, there is a secure drop box for paperwork next to our North entry that can be used at any time.
For Energy Assistance:
- Energy Assistance Program (EAP) and Energy Related Repair Program (ERR) staff can be reached directly by calling 218-999-0824 or 1-877-687-1163, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- If you have a No Heat Emergency, after our regular hours, call 1-888-249-8879 and our on-call staff will assist you.
- You may submit EAP/ERR related documents via secure fax to 218-999-0845 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to drop something off in person, such as an application or paperwork, the drop locations mentioned above can be used at your convenience.
- Energy Assistance Applications are available on our website or can be sent to you by mail if requested.
For Crisis Housing:
- In Itasca County, call Gail at 218-999-0833 or Haley at 218-999-0832.
- In Koochiching County, call Kristen at 218-244-3401.
- Visit our Crisis Housing Webpage for information.
For Social Security Advocacy (SOAR):
For MNSure application assistance:
- We can help you apply for MNSure over the phone, call Linda at 218-999-0831.
For Circles of Support, Big View, or PCs for People:
- Please email Alice or Michelle at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-656-2027.
To stay up to date about KOOTASCA, our programs, and COVID-19 response, follow us on Facebook.