The Weatherization Program is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Energy and provides free home energy upgrades to income eligible homeowners and renters. Weatherization services help you save energy and make sure your home is a healthy and safe place to live.
Weatherization services have been shown to permanently decrease annual energy costs by up to 30%.
If your household qualifies, a KOOTASCA Weatherization Energy Auditor may schedule a free home energy assessment to determine if cost–effective energy efficiency improvements can be completed on your home. Please contact a KOOTASCA Weatherization Energy Auditor listed below for further information.
Potential Services Available to Qualifying Households at no Cost:
- Exterior wall and attic insulation
- Air leakage reduction through infiltration testing and bypass sealing
- Furnace, Boiler, water heater, refrigerator and exhaust fan testing, repair or replacement to ensure efficiency and safety
If your household income falls at or below the 200% Federal Poverty Income Guidelines listed below, you may qualify for Weatherization services.
- You will need to complete a joint application for Energy Assistance/Weatherization Assistance as part of the eligibility determination process
- The Weatherization Assistance Program uses the past three months of household income to determine eligibility
- Households that have received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are income eligible but still need to apply
- All homeowners and renters who are determined eligible for the Energy Assistance Program are also income eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Priority is given to households determined to be high energy consumers, households with elderly or disabled members and households with children under age 18