Position Openings: Multiple
Location: Itasca County & Int’l Falls, MN
Work cooperatively with classroom staff in the absence of regular classroom staff, in providing age and developmentally appropriate preschool education and activities. Ensures Head Start Performance Standards and Rule 3 licensing requirements are being met at all times.
Job Posting Information
RATE OF PAY:
- Starting Wage of $16.37 or $17.48 based on education qualifications
- Wage Scale of $16.37 to $25.12 per hour
- On-Call Schedule
- Daytime weekday shift- no nights, weekends, or holiday shifts.
- Retirement Plan with option for employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Training & Professional Development, Tuition Assistance opportunities, Loan Forgiveness qualifying credit.
- Scheduled raises & Cost of Living Adjustments
LOCATION: Itasca County & Int’l Falls, MN
APPLYING: Applicants must submit a KOOTASCA application to be considered.
- Minimum: Child Development Associate/Credential
- Preferred: Two Year Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, Sudden Unexplained Infant Death, and Preventing Abusive Head Trauma, or willingness to obtain through agency.
- Some Childcare experience.
- DHS Background Study
- Employee Physical & TB Risk Assessment
- COVID Vaccination
- Ability to proficiently operate copy/fax machines, telephone, and computers and software, including e-mail, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time that results in both a satisfactory quantity and quality of work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Must be able to organize a work schedule, set priorities and work effectively to meet deadlines without supervision.
- Must be able to adjust to changes necessitated by last minute assignments and deadline requests that may prove stressful.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed in order to meet the needs of the clients.
- Attend trainings, classes, and meetings as necessary to improve job skills and maintain an acceptable level of job performance.
- Other Knowledge
- Working knowledge of MN Child Abuse Laws and community resources.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned.
Area 1: Classroom Operations
- Assist classroom staff in carrying out daily schedule and activities.
- Assist with preparing meals and snacks, cleaning the room, preparing materials for classroom activities, completion of paperwork, etc.
- Assist staff in carrying out outings, field trips, and special events.
- Support the plan for routines and transitions so that they occur in a timely and predictable manner according to each child’s needs.
Area 2: Learning Environment
- Support a learning environment that is inclusive of children with disabilities.
- Help promote each child’s physical development.
- Assist with the provision of an appropriate child development and education approach for all children.
- Assist the classroom staff in supporting emerging literacy and numeracy development and by providing materials and activities in relation to each child’s independent developmental level.
- Assist in the provision of an environment that will encourage self-control by setting clear, consistent limits and having realistic expectations.
- Support and respect the home language, culture, and family composition of each child in ways that support the child’s well being.
Area 3: Health & Safety
- Observe and view all areas of the classroom, and react appropriately and immediately in the event of an emergency, including by evacuating children from the room if necessary.
- Assist classroom staff in assuring all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Assist classroom staff in making certain that staff and volunteers are adhering to safe practices.
- Help ensure that all nutritional services, family nutritional needs, and food safety and sanitation requirements of Rule 3 and the HS Performance Standards are adhered to.
Supervision of Others:
- Not responsible for supervision of others
Safety of Others
- Modest amount of responsibility for the safety of others. Compliance with established safety regulations for the job performed mitigates exposure to injury of self or others.
- Contact is with immediate associates and own managers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping and reaching
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have valid driver’s license and current auto insurance coverage in compliance with Minnesota State guidelines on the vehicle used for work related travel.
- Travel for completion of job duties, trainings and meetings as required.
General Agency Requirements
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with clients, customers, co-workers, providers, volunteers, and supervisors.
- Treat clients, co-workers, and the public in a respectful and courteous manner at all times.
- Continue to develop skills and abilities.
- Represent KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. in a positive manner.
- Adhere to the Community Action Code of Ethics.
- Seek to understand poverty and the barriers faced by community members.
- Maintain confidentiality of agency, program, and client information.
KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) Employer. We recruit, hire, place, promote, terminate, layoff, recall, transfer, compensate, and train without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This information will be made available in alternative formats upon request.